Pune Metro Stations’ Look To Be Inspired By The Puneri Pagdi

PCMC-Swargate and Vanaz-Ramwadi corridors of Pune metro will be designed in a unique way and bear a ‘Puneri’ touch with designs.

Pune, Maha-Metro, Pune Mettro, Puneri pagdi, metro stations
Reacho_Header

Maha Metro has decided that the metro stations along the PCMC-Swargate and Vanaz-Ramwadi corridors of Pune metro will be designed in a unique way and bear a ‘Puneri’ touch with designs like ‘Puneri Pagdi’ or associating the stations with well-known heritage structures of Pune.

This was announced at a press conference by Brijesh Dixit, Managing Director, Maha Metro on Thursday at Maha Metro office on Ghole Road.

Dixit said some of the stations will have roofs like Puneri Pagdi and some will have design connecting them to heritage structures of Pune. He said the agency is using the multi-modal integration approach of linking public transport with the metro.

“The ‘multi-modal integration’ approach will link metro stations with BRTS, PMPML bus depots, railway stations, and airport. It will provide ease and comfort of travel to commuters. We are trying to achieve seamless travel experience for masses and in return increasing ridership in public transport which will be a win-win situation for both the transport systems and the masses,” added Dixit.

Dixit said that integration would be in a physical format like bridges and underpass, informative like providing electronic boards to share information about other transport facility and through common mobility card in which same cards can be used for all modes of transport.

He informed that of the 44 hectares of land to be acquired for the project they have acquired 16 hectares and are in the process of acquiring the rest.
He said the agency is in process of getting funds of 845 million Euros from European Investment Bank (EIB) and France’s AFD.

“The investment from these agencies will be 58 percent of the cost of the project and the remaining 42 percent will be raised from PMC and PCMC. Currently, we have enough funds to go ahead with the project and the talks on investments from EIB are scheduled in January,” added Dixit.

Information and cover image sourced from timesofindia


Like our facebook page to stay updated. You can also download Reacho app on Android or iOS to get interesting stories at your fingertips.

News Entertainment Food Travel World Events Nagpur Pune Reacho

Manali Kulkarni (WRITER)

Manali Kulkarni writes for Reacho. If you wish to get in touch with them, drop in a mail at reach@reacho.in

Reacho_Body