India has a unique history and rich heritage. It is arguably world’s oldest and continuous civilization in the world. One of the greatest examples of unity in diversity, India holds so much that one can’t stop praising it! Here are some of the facts that every Indian must know -
1. India has most number of mosques (around 300,000) than any other nation in the world, since it has third largest Muslim population in the world.
2. India’s Kumbh mela is known as the world’s largest gathering of people, the gathering is so large that the Kumbh Mela is also visible from space.
3. The Tirupati Balaji temple and Kashi Vishwanath Temple both, receive more visitors than the Vatican City and Mecca combined.
4. Indian Railways employs more than 1.3 million people. That’s more than the population of many nations.
5. India has the largest English speaking population in the world (combining native and non-native speakers).
6. Chess was invented in India.
7. India is attributed for the discovery of number zero, value of pi, trigonometry, algebra, calculus, cataract surgery, plastic surgery and water on the moon.
8. India is the largest producer of films in the world.
9. India is the largest producer of milk.
10. India has the largest amount of vegetarians in the world and so much that Pizza Hut, McDonalds and even KFC had to open their first pure vegetarian restaurant in the country.
11. The state of Meghalaya is the wettest inhabited place of Earth.
13. Yoga (Yog) was practiced in India from as long as 5000 years.
14. India is the world’s largest importer of arms and still it has never invaded or attacked a country.