Karan Johar is popular for the grand family-oriented and romantic movies he makes, but apart from a film director he is also a producer, screenwriter, costume designer and an actor. From movies like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai to his upcoming animated Koochie Koochie Hota Hai, the man has donned many hats. Some amazing things about Karan Johar which one should definitely know are:
1. Karan was very obsessed and kind of superstitious about the letter 'K'. He thought that the letter was very lucky for him. So, this is the reason he made sure that his every film had the 'K' letter intact to its title. But after watching Lage Raho Munnabhai he stopped this practice.
2. Karan studied at Green Lawns High school in Mumbai.
3. Karan has a master’s degree in French and he attended HR College of Commerce and Economics.
4. He also worked as Shrikant in the 1989 Doordarshan serial Indradhanush.
5. As a child, Karan was influenced by commercial Indian cinema: He cites Raj Kapoor, Yash Chopra and Sooraj R. Barjatya as his inspirations.
6. In 2007, Johar was chosen as one of 250 Global Young Leaders by the Geneva-based World Economic Forum.
7. On 30 September 2006, Johar became the first Indian filmmaker to be a jury member in the Miss World pageant in Warsaw, Poland.
8. He was the only other Indian apart from PM Manmohan Singh to be invited for the opening ceremony of the London Olympics 2012.
9. Karan has worked as a costume designer for Shah Rukh Khan in many films like Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Dil To Pagal Hai, Duplicate, Mohabbatein, Main Hoon Na, Veer-Zaara and Om Shanti Om.
10. Karan entered the film industry as an assistant director in Aditya Chopra's Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, which is regarded as a landmark in Hindi cinema.
Title Image: mouthshut