Being a woman and setting an example in a sport should be highly respected as it is rare in a country like India. One such person who has carved her name on the pages of sports history is P T Usha.
Extending our birthday wishes to this golden girl, we wish to list some not so known facts about her.
1. We bet not many of you would know that the initials P T stand for Pilavullakandi Thekkeparambil.
2. Born in Payyoli, Kozhikode District, Keralam she has been nicknamed as Payyoli Express
3. She is also often called as the Queen of Indian track and field
4. Usha was just 16 when she made her debut at the 1980 Moscow Games
5. She was bestowed with Padma Shri Award in the year 1985
6. She was named sportsperson of the century and the sports woman of the millennium by the Indian Olympic Association
7. After her retirement in 2000, Usha opened the Usha School of Athletics where she grooms young aspiring sportsmen.
Title image: theasianparent