Indian English is as famous and colloquial as it can ever get. We see it everywhere around us. These days the pani-puri waalas and pakode waalas are named after ‘whatsapp’ and ‘facebook’, so why do we say that India is lagging behind? Sit back and scroll and relate to all those Indian signs that you have laughed and shared:
1. When the shopkeeper doesn’t want his customers to bargain
2. When they try hard to translate Hindi to English and make it an amazing mess
If it wasn’t for this sign, people would have eaten each other.
3. Because guests are pains, right?
4. Because, writing momos on your signboard is too mainstream
So he wrote moms instead. That too Cheken moms.
5. Finding Nemo is over rated, so they made this instead
6. I have no words
7. Oh, the Indians are famous for the spelling-mistakes!
Or is it just a typo?
8. Using synonyms of a word in two different languages makes it more precise
9. Say what? They’ll win spell-bee?
I think not.
10. Then the private signs
Haha, caught you!
11. For this, they made a whole new sign!
12. When the seller doesn’t want a bad consumer
So much win.
13. Then the funny one
14. A word of advice for the drivers on highways
With a rhyme that doesn’t make sense.
15. Now for hillstations!
Hats off to these sign makers, Great job guys.
Title images: Buzzfeed