Breaking Bad began as an oddball show, its popularity soared soon and it became a pop-culture juggernaut, with top-class writing and directing and electric leads in the form of characters like Walter White and Jesse Pinkman. Aaron Paul could never have thought in his wildest dreams the kind of fame the character of Jesse Pinkman would bring him. The lovable coke-snorting douchebag’s life takes a sharp turn when his professor from school (from which he dropped out) comes calling. Together they end up creating one of the biggest Drug Empires, ever.
The real beauty of the character though, is vested in the fact that despite acting heroic, Jesse’s soul was burdened with the guilt of the crimes he committed. Murdering Gayle and the death of Jane shattered him to pieces. That’s why the most fascinating aspect about him was that over the years, you could see the way all of this chipped something off off his soul. Kudos to Paul for making this one of the best characters to grace the television, ever.
It is Aaron Paul’s birthday today and we bring some choice quotes from Jesse Pinkman to get you through the day.
1. Jesse: There's a cow house out there, about two miles.
Jesse: Yeah. Where they live. The cows!
2. "Speak into the mic, bitch!"
3. "You either run from things or you face them. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am. I'm the bad guy."
4. “Cooking is art. And the shit I cook is the bomb, so don’t be telling me.”
5. “Yeah, Science!”
6. "Let me get this straight: you got jacked by a guy named 'Spooge'? Not Diesel, not Mad-dog, but Spooge?
7. “This is my own private domicile and I will not be harassed, bitch!”
Title image: Quotesgram