Lip balms are a girl's weakness- they protect your lips while also making you look perfect. You can never have enough lip balms! How about making your own? We bring to you three customisable recipes for homemade lip balms which smell great, have yummy flavours and long shelf life. All of these use a common beeswax and coconut oil base. Coconut oil is easily available everywhere and you can order beeswax online or see if any organic ingredients store around you keeps it.
1. Customized Lip Balm in multiple colours
You will need: Beeswax, coconut oil, lipstick (in your favourite colour), Vitamin E (capsules are easily available at the pharmacy), any essential oil, small container
1) Mix beeswax and coconut oil (4 tablespoons each or mix it in 1:1 ratio). You need to heat it but make sure it is not boiling.
2) Add the lipstick colour, a teaspoon of vitamin E and few drops of any essesntial oil for scent into the mixture. Heat it until everything gets melted and mixed well.
3) Pour the mixture until it completely fills the container to the brim and refrigerate it.
4) After it is cooled and solidified, it is ready to use!
2. Natural Chocolate Lip Balm
You will need: 1 tbsp grated beeswax, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp almond oil, 1 tbsp cocoa butter, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, vitamin E oil, almond extract.
1) Mix beeswax, coconut oil, almond oil and cocoa butter in a small heat-safe metal or glass container.
2) Set the container in a pan of slowly boiling water that comes about halfway up the side of your container and be careful not to get any water into your mixture.
3) Remove the pan of water from the heat and take the container out of the pan. Immediately stir in the honey, cocoa powder, vitamin E oil and almond extract. Make sure everything is mixed or again melt them.
4) Carefully pour the mixture into the clean containers and use it within 3 months.
3. Sweet Vanilla Butter Lip Balm
You will need: 1 tbsp cocoa butter, 1 tbsp shea butter, 1/2 tbsp sweet almond oil, 1/2 tbsp honey, 5 tbsp of organic beeswax, 8 drops of vanilla essential oil
1) Mix the ingredients in a container on a stovetop except essential oil.
2) Bring it to a boil until all ingredients are melted.
3) Remove from heat and then add the essential oil and store the mixture into containers.
Got more easy recipes? Share with us in the Comments!
Title image: www.youtube.com