Recently a teenager died after jumping from the fifth floor of his building in Andheri, Mumbai. According to the report, 14-year-old, Manpreet Singh left a suicide note for his parents and his parents’ claims that he didn’t have any signs of depression.
Source: India Today
So what happened with Manpreet? What lead him to end his life?
According to a report published in Mid-day on July 29, Manpreet told his friends that he will not be able to make it to school on Monday because he is busy playing the 'Blue Whale game.
What is 'Blue Whale’ and how can it kill any one?
It is reported that over 130 teenagers in Russia committed suicide and almost all of them were part of the Blue Whale Challenge.
Now back to the question, what is 'Blue Whale’? Well, Blue Whale Challenge is far from being a fun game. Blue Whale began in Russia in 2013 with "F57". The players find the game's administrators or curator through "death groups" or "suicide groups" set up on VK.com (VKontakte) a Russian social network.
Once you get into the group, it takes 50 days to complete the challenge. It gets its name from a common belief that blue whales voluntarily beach themselves in order to end their own lives.
There are many names from which this deadly game goes by including 'A Silent House,' 'A Sea Of Whales' and 'Wake Me Up At 4:20 am.'
According to the Russian media, this game is the reason why 80 to 130 children committed suicide between November 2015 and April 2016. This game is spreading rapidly across Europe, UK, and even some Central Asian countries.
50 days 50 challenges?
Radio Free Europe journalist tried to fool the administrator when he was assigned to scratch one of the games hashtags, "F58" into their arm. The journalist sent a Photoshopped image but the admin didn't fall for it and stopped replying.
The list has been posted by a Reddit user, which contains the whole tasks which were supposedly posted in a comment on a story about the game on a Russian news website. This list was then published in Higgypop. The list of 50 challenges has been translated from Russian.
50 Blue Whale Challenges
1. Carve with a razor "f57" on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
2. Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
3. Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
4. Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to the curator.
5. If you are ready to "become a whale", carve "YES" on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
6. The task with a cipher.
7. Carve "f40" on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
8. Type "#i_am_whale" in your VKontakte status.
9. You have to overcome your fear.
10. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
11. Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to the curator.
12. Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
13. Listen to music that "they" (curators) send you.
14. Cut your lip.
15. Poke your hand with a needle many times
16. Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
17. Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
18. Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
19. Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
20. The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
21. Have a talk "with a whale" (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
22. Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
23. Another task with a cipher.
24. Secret task.
25. Have a meeting with a "whale."
26. The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
27. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
28. Don't talk to anyone all day.
29. Make a vow that "you're a whale."
30-49. Every day you wake up at 4:20 am, watch horror videos, listen to music that "they" send you, make 1 cut on your body per day, talk "to a whale."
50. Jump off a high building. Take your life.
Who is behind this evil ‘Blue Whale’ suicide game?
In a report published Hyggpop on MAY 14, Philipp Budeikin a Russian man was pleaded guilty to inciting 16 teenage girls to commit suicide by taking part in the game. When questioned by Russian press said that he was "cleansing society" and that he saw his victims as nothing more than "biological waste" and says they "represented no value to society."
However, Philipp Budeikin who is alleged "administrator" or "curator" of the game is currently helping in Kresty Prison in St. Petersburg.
Now the questions arrive that if the mastermind of the evil game is in prison then who is operating the game?