In order to abide by the diktats of a happy, empowering self, this is what we need to start with. Take it as your 'self-love starters pack'.
Repeat after me:
1. It is okay that I’m not rich or successful by this age.
2. I’m proud to see myself come so far, despite being nowhere close to my plans.
3. I am ready to work as much as it takes to reach where I want to.
4. I will stop being hard on myself and give myself more credit.
5. I will hope more and dream more and do whatever it takes to make them happen.
6. I will support all my hopes with all the required actions.
7. I’m flaw-some. So is everybody I look up to.
8. There are parts of me I cannot stand but I will learn to accept them and be thankful.
9. I deserve love, especially from myself.
10. I was loved before and I will be loved again.
11. I have doubts but I will not let them become hurdles in my life plans.
12. I am not alone and will let no empty room make me feel that way.
13. I can change my world any time I wish to.
14. There are many like me who cringe when they look themselves in the mirror and that’s okay.
15. Not my criticizing myself. I will treat myself the way I deserve to by myself and everyone.
16. I can switch my path anytime I wish to.
17. I’m not a failure to still be living with my parents or working for a lesser pay job or still be single.
18. I will keep my head and standards high. I will not settle for anything with the fear that nothing better will come my way.
19. I’m way more beautiful, intelligent and successful than I think I am.
20. I am enough. I am more than enough.
Information source: thoughtcatalouge
Title image source: instagram