Okay, we got a tiny shock when we saw Ed Sheeran announce his engagement!
Chuck! We’re lying, it was a massive shock indeed! I mean, who drops a bomb like that. We were still recovering from Farah Khan’s bash in honour of the ‘Shape of you’ singer and then this mushrooms up!
For those of you who don’t know, Ed took to Instagram on Saturday to let us all know that ‘he liked it and put a ring on it’. The lucky girl who got the ring is Cherry Seaborn, Ed’s long-term girlfriend.
The two lovebirds met in the high school and have been in love ever since! They started dating September 2015.
Ed has been quite open about his relationship over the years and has in fact discussed "little fat, chubby babies". However, the two have kept a low-profile about their relationship.
Now that the engagement is finalized, we snooped around and found the following deets about Cherry.
1) Cherry is 25 years old. She was born on May 6, 1992, and is a true blue Taurian.
2) She’s a native of UK who eventually moved to the United States for attending a college in North-Carolina. She chose this college for its prestigious hockey team.
3) Cherry met Ed in high school. Their first interaction was at the Thomas Mills High School, Framlingham, Suffolk.
4) Cherry was a noted hockey player of her school. Ed had a major crush on her, apparently!
5) Ed’s ‘Galway Girl’ quit her job to focus on her relationship. Ed, too, took a break in 2016 for the same. "We were just basically like, let's quit our jobs and have a year of forming a tight bond," he shared, adding, "So we went traveling and spent every day for a year together."
Awwww! Goals much?
Information source: popsugar
Title image source: youtube