For there are times when our mind has no heart and our heart is brainless, hence when you speak your mind you seem heartless and when you do what your heart says you appear thoughtless! We sail in the same boat, however we find it difficult to put our emotions into words, and that is when we are blessed with Carrie Bradshaw! For when you do know what is happening, you want to shout it out but do not know how, here are 9 ways in which she comes to your rescue!
1. It seems unfair yet justified, cruelly human, tenderly hard to live with ‘tears’ of joy, but yeah, life is worth it! And hence she says, “I’ve spent $40,000 on shoes and I have no place to live? I will literally be the old woman who lived in her shoes!”
2. You keep wondering as to how you could be single, because you are pretty awesome! And that is when she explains you that, “Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time to decide how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with”.
3. Later that day, dealing with expectations just became a burden. Trying hard to be Little Miss Perfect was just frustrating, and then she boldly stated, “I will never be a woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it”.
4. When the world becomes a mirror of practical decisions, but your fairytales taught you imagination. For when you know there will be no white horse, no candyfloss and yet all you want is, “I’m looking for love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each other love”.
5. Friends- it is the family you get to choose. When you treasure the bond so much that all you want to say is, “They say nothing lasts forever, dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of fashion.”
6. For when you do not appreciate its hypocrisy but in the end you do admit that this is how the world rolls, and you think, “When men attempt bold gestures , generally it’s considered romantic, when women do it, it’s often considered desperate and psycho.”
7. When in doubt, all that you need is a hot cup of coffee and some ME time. And Carrie thinks, “The most exciting , challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you, you love, well that’s just fabulous.”
8. When you need a shoulder to rest, you know the place to go. “The most important thing in your life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don’t but in the end they are the people you come home to.”
9. For everything that puts you down, makes you want to fly. For you need to erase a few stories from that book, as future awaits you believe, “Maybe past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe, you have let go of who you were to become who you will be.”
Old, but I am not that old. Young and I want to be bold!
Title image: theodysseyonline