After making drinking water for all compulsory at hotels, the government has made the following rules mandatory for petrol pumps. The Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) have formulated detailed ‘Marketing Discipline Guidelines (MDGs)’ to be followed by all the retail outlets of the OMCs. Here is a list of things that are supposed to be provided to citizens free of cost.
1. Ensure quality product at correct quantity and correct price.
2. Provide Air facility to customers during the operating hours of the outlet.
3. Ensure prompt service and courteous behaviour at all times.
4. A suggestion/complaint book must be maintained and made readily available to customers on demand. A message indicating the availability of this book must be prominently displayed.
5. First Aid Box is to be made available by the dealer, with necessary valid medicinal aids.
6. Ensure availability of clean toilet in the premises.
7. Ensure availability of telephone facilities in the premises.
8. Prominently display the Name/Contact No. of the dealer and also the Name/Contact No. of the Oil Company personnel who are to be contacted by the customer in case of complaints.
9. The working hours of the retail outlet should be prominently displayed. Holiday notices should be displayed well in time.
10. Display messages on the Customer Service Cell and posters on Customer Education as provided by the respective Oil Companies from time to time.
11. Ensure that the outlet is kept adequately illuminated and clean as per housekeeping standards laid down by the Oil Companies.
12. Safety equipment at Retail Outlet should be provided as per the statutory requirements and maintained in good working condition. The dealer is to be trained in operating the equipment and trained staff should be available to handle and operate the same.
13. Dealers are mandated to check daily and ensure that toilets are cleaned daily, proper lighting is available, flush is working properly, water is available, working latch is available on the toilet door, signage is available.
14. A Maintenance sheet is also to be maintained and displayed.
Are you aware of these? You can seek legal action if anything is found at fault.
Title image: wikipedia